Trident Engineered Solutions has a great opportunity for a full-time Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer would work as part of the mechanical group to lead projects from concept to start-up and would have a strong focus on diesel engines.
How do you know if you are the right candidate?
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working with mechanical off-highway components and enjoy hands-on development and working directly with customers. Also, be willing and able to travel to provide installation & start-up support for our customers in coordination with our field-service engineering team. We are looking for a talented person with an interest in being involved in a start-up environment with the backing of a financially stable holding company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electro-mechanical/hydraulic systems
- Solution-specific design requirements and component selection
- Design for Quality Assurance
- Research and development
- Installation and start-up support
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, and customers
- Investigate system, equipment, or product failures
- Develop testing methods and protocol for designed product
- Some physical building and testing of electromechanical systems
- This role may require domestic and international travel, at times (based on project) this could be up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Engineering and Technology: practical applications applying engineering science and technology (principles, techniques, and equipment to the design and/or production of various goods and services)
- Computers and Electronics: Proficient with modern computer systems, computer software (see technology skills and experience), understanding of physical system control logic, basic programming, GUI navigation, and set-up
- Design: design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Strong mechanical aptitude: understanding of mechanical systems, structures, and processes including but not limited to linear motion, fluid power (hydraulics, pneumatics). Knowledge and experience with diesel engines is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- CAD 3D software: Solidworks- Dassault Systems CATIA, Creo/ProE, or equivalent
- Engineering tools: MathCAD, Matlab, Finite Element Analysis, MS Excel
- Enterprise Resource Planning: Epicor products, SAP
- J1939 Protocol
- Any Electronic control programming a big plus
- Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Mechanical Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering Technology) - other engineering-related degrees will be considered
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Valid U.S. Passport a plus
email your resume: email@example.com